It is widely known that a person can actually download a copy of e-Aadhaar if he lost his Aadhaar card. To be able to download this e-Aadhaar, all you need is your enrollment number or your Aadhaar number. In addition to this, you would also require to have the access to the registered mobile number. With help of these two things, you can download the Aadhaar card. As a matter of fact, duplicate or e-Aadhaar is accepted universally across the country.
If in case you have lost your Aadhaar card and if you are not able to find your Aadhaar number or the enrollment number then you can follow the process mentioned below to find the Aadhaar number or the enrollment number through the online medium. Once you have the Aadhaar number and the enrollment number, you can go ahead and download the Aadhaar card with help of UIDAI portal.
Steps to Retrieve your Lost UIDAI Aadhaar or Enrollment Number
– The first step is to go to the UIDAI portal and then you can navigate to the top menu bar where you will find the link to retrieve the UID or EID. You can also go to the Find UID EID page directly by going to https://resident.uidai.gov.in/find-uid-eid
– Once the page has been displayed, you can click on Aadhaar number or enrollment number as per your requirement. If you have already received your Aadhaar card then you should ideally opt for Aadhaar Number.
– Once you click on the relevant option, you will then have to enter your name along with your registered email address and the mobile number.
– After entering all the details, you will then have to enter the captcha code for the validation purpose and then you can go ahead and click on Get OTP Button.
– After you click on Get OTP button, an OTP will be generated and it will be shared on your registered mobile number. You will now have to enter the OTP in the given area so as to validate your identity.
– Once the validation is done, you will receive the Aadhaar number or the enrollment number on your mobile phone.
You can now use the Aadhaar number or the enrollment number to download your Aadhaar card or to check the status of the Aadhaar card. If you want to download a copy of your Aadhaar card then you may navigate to https://eaadhaar.uidai.gov.in